The White House

The White House

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Little Wildlife

My hubby got to take another road trip yesterday to Pogo Mine (he gets to have all the fun). I suppose it is about 80 paved miles and then another 50 gravel miles into the hills. On the way back out he saw a little wildlife.

A black bear in a field of fireweed.


A caribou calf.


A bull moose.







I, on the other hand, got to go to a baseball double-header. (The first game was 4-4 going into the 7th and we lost 13-6; the second game ended in a tie 16-16).
Now call me crazy, but I am positive I put my camera in the car. Part way through the second game I went back to my unlocked car (this is Alaska after all) and it was gone. Gone. I'm hoping I'm just crazy and find it sitting around the house somewhere. So without a camera I took this crappy shot with my phone.
We got to the fields at 5:30pm and finished the second game at 11:20pm. By the time I gave another player a ride home Elijah and I didn't get home until a few minutes before midnight. For baseball! Isn't that crazy?! Nick also had a soccer game I missed. I don't know how he did as he went with some buddies after the game.

Well, the sun is shining so I should go do something like scoop dog poop or mow the lawn or rake the sheep pen. So many exciting choices...what's a girl to do?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Interesting wildlife! Love the bear pics

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those are great wildlife shots. You live in a beautiful wilderness area. To me it's peaceful, looks unspoiled and so cool and earthy.

I've been wondering, WHEN do you guys sleep since you are up doing things at midnight?

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Snowbird said...

Love the critter shots. So, did you find your camera?

Hit 40 said...

You win!!!

We have coyote, red fox, and small varmints.

Jess said...

Hi Gayle! Long time, I know...

First - I love your profile picture!

Last time I was on blogger, it was still snowy by you and you were planting flowers. NOW it's a totally differnt scene. Summer looks just as beautiful there as winter!

I'll be better about posting and reading!

Janie said...

Your husband had some great wildlife captures. Must have been an interesting drive.
I sure hope you find your camera!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Love nature. I wanna see a real live moose.