The White House

The White House

Friday, June 19, 2009

Catching Up....Tuesday

On Tuesday my dear husband went to Pogo Mine. You can read about it here and here if you are interested in gold mining. He has some kind of recycling project going there with his work. I really don't ask all the details. All I know is he is gone...a lot...and I miss him. Delta is about 100 miles away and then the mine is about 50 miles off the road. Here's some photos he took from his trip.














While dad was gone we had a beautiful day at home. This was the one and only cloud in the sky!

I've been asked why I burned my lawn. Here's where I didn't burn:

Here's where I burned:

A short summer equals a short growing season. I have limited time to rake and rake and rake away the dead grass. It just works so much better to burn the dead grass, fertilize and water the heck out of it. I do some reseeding in the spots that just don't survive the cold winter.
I needed to weed whack the jungle around the flower beds. Do you think I could find any line? Nope! So I improvised. I found some fly fishing line, wound it on the spool and it worked pretty good.

Here's the before shot:

Here's seven hours later. It was a lot of back breaking work.

The Nick had soccer practice. I'm so glad he can drive himself.
At the end of a long day of work Emily and I enjoyed the fire.

I love to relax by the fire.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, those views are amazing!

Patty said...

Excellent picture of Emily. Yard looks wonderful....as usual, and does looks like a lot of work. I need to weedwack really bad!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Amazing high country pics that your hubby took. Your yard and flower beds look amazing too. LOTS of weed wacking!! You are so ingenious to think of fly fishing line!!!