The White House

The White House

Monday, May 25, 2009

Another Beautiful Day!

This is the front of the garage that is now my living room and kitchen. To the right it gets very muddy when it rains (because I haven't planted grass yet) so everything gets piled in this area. It's getting cleaned up this weekend! Yea!



Nick and Elijah helped Dad for a little while before taking off for the day/night with their friends. Biking and skateboarding is so much more fun!

I cleaned on the pool all damn day. Dad took Emily, Olivia and Lucas to the park. Really, it was my idea. Ester has the best community park. Although I live in Fairbanks, I guess you could say I live in Ester. Ester is a small community about 5-7 miles out-of-town with a post office and a bar. I live a few miles around the corner from there. Ester is very hippie and very Democrat of which I am neither so I don't usually refer to myself as being from Ester unless it's the 4th of July and we are going to the community party! Anyhow, the community keeps the park clean and stocked with balls, toys and bikes. The last place left in the world you can leave something and it won't get stolen!






I'm almost done. That patch is nasty sand I need to pack out in a bucket. I'm headed out to finish that this morning and then Dad will start hauling water!

The green in the lawn looks much nicer in real person. This is a bad photo, but I wanted to show you how light it was at 11:15pm last night.
Today I'll take lots of photos of the yard, chickens and kids so be sure to come back tomorrow. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees with a few thunder showers and hail later. Enjoy your Memorial Day!

4 comments:

Deb said...

You sure are busy! Your raised beds look beautiful -
I cannot believe how daylight it is at 11:15! It must have taken some getting used to.

Hope you get some down time :)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I've wondered for a while now - exactly why did you move into the basement? Is it because of the renovations you are doing upstairs? You did show us a few room up there in prior posts....

You know, I don't think I'd get much sleep in Alaska. I'm one of those folks who needs quiet and darkness in order to sleep. It starts getting light here around 4:00 AM, so we put cardboard over my DD's windows (and mine). Not that it helps much, as she is an early riser anyway. But at least its closer to 5:30 that way!!

The grass is coming in!!! YEA!!

Janie said...

Your yard looks great!
It's nice to have light so late in the evening, but i guess the disadvantage is that you don't feel like you can stop until it gets dark! A person could wear herself out that way.

Lori Skoog said...

When will you start planting? You are looking very organized!