The White House

The White House

Monday, April 6, 2009

Tink's Monday Meme Trifecta


Tink is the Master of the Monday Meme Trifecta.









This Monday I'm giving it a try (and I spent way too much time browsing through my photos!) If you want to play along with any of the fun meme's you can click here for Mellow Yellow Monday, here for Blue Monday and here for Manic Monday!
This week Mo challenged us with the word TRIP. It could be trip as in to fall down which I do a lot of, but instead I chose trip as in to travel which I don't do anymore.
During the 2007-2008 hockey season we had three sons playing on three different competitive hockey teams. The consensus is for adequate competition (read as coach wants a vacation) (don't attack me competitive hockey mom...that was said in fun!) the team should travel out-of-state for tournaments.
My stepson (mentioned in the previous post) had the first trip of the season to Detroit, Michigan.


He was wearing the blue and gold (another shade of yellow) representing the Arctic Lions.


He also took the second trip of the season to Minnesota wearing his team's colors. He traveled with Patty to Michigan and Becky to Minnesota (I am forever grateful, ladies).


The third trip of the hockey season was over Thanksgiving to Valencia, California. Elijah proudly wore blue and gold on the ice!


Since we were in California strictly for the great competitive hockey our team couldn't be spotted wearing blue and yellow life jackets while kayaking in the ocean. Or could we?

While in California Elijah, Emily, Nick and I took a trip to Universal Studios where Scooby was sporting blue and yellow. Tink, we also went to Disneyland, but I can't find that cd! :(


Of course, the boys had to take a trip to the Vans indoor skate park before going home! They got to wear very yellow helmets and knee pads!


The day after Christmas is when we took flight on our next trip to Scottsdale, Arizona. Nick was there to play hockey for the blue and gold.....

...but we couldn't get out of Arizona without taking trips to as many outdoor skate parks as possible.


After a trip to the Phoenix Zoo we went rock climbing. We are headed to the one on the left of the photo. Of course, Nick is decked out in blue (convenient, huh?!)


Up and up and up.... (I thought I was going to have a stroke!)


See that little black dot in the middle? That's me. I made it 2/3 of the way and realized that this was quite possibly the dumbest thing I had done in a long time. Out-of-shape plus lousy balance on loose and steep rock equals head trauma. I waited while Nick went on.


He got to see this. I see it, too, just safely from my computer chair. Oh, we also took a trip to the Grand Canyon, but I can't find that cd either! :(

Then it was time for Elijah's second trip. This time to Vernon, B.C. Canada. Doesn't he look handsome in his yellow shirt?!
He also wore the blue and gold to play some hockey!
The last trip of the hockey season was back to California with my stepson. He proudly wore the blue and gold as well.
No hockey trip would be complete without going to the beach...
...and Universal studios!

There you have it. Lots of trips for the blue and gold!

15 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Brava, brava! A masterful meme trifecta! Sorry you lost your Disneyland CD - bet it turns up when you least suspect, that's always the way.

Now, about the size of Walt Disney World - depending on your source, it's anywhere from 42 to 47 square miles, all told. Walt saw what happened in Anaheim, how everyone came and built up around the park, and he wanted something more insular for Orlando. So he launched a bunch of dummy corporations that snapped up a bunch of land for him (so not as to rouse suspicions and have the same thing happen as in Anaheim).

OK, gotta go get my day started - wonderful trifecta, w00t!

Tink *~*~*

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Wonderful photos of all the activities! Thank you for sharing them! Lu

Lynda said...

What wonderful photos which will no doubt bring back wonderful memories in the future!

Happy Blue Monday~

Barb said...

Gayle, such great pictures.

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

SmilingSally said...

Grandchildren and trips are the best! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Patty said...

Brought back lots of memories for me, since I was on 2 of those trips!! Thanks for bringing those back!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

And here you all were in my neck of the woods! Phoenix has some fab things to do, but hiking in those "mountains"?? Not me either. I'd have been camped out with you waiting to see the pics on digital!! Thanks for sharing some of your hockey mom experience. Maybe we don't really want to encourage that.....

storyteller said...

Marvelous Multi-tasking!!! Methinks this post could qualify for Ruby Tuesday too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Gemma Wiseman said...

What an incredible "collage" of memes! Amazing trip around your world! Talking of memes, I think one shot would qualify for Watery Wednesday!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

Shari said...

what an active blog! that was fun to look at!
(i'd be at the very bottom of that huge rock, lol.)

Sweetie said...

You created a wonderful collection of memes. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Lighthousegal said...

Nice post. Lots of good pictures, telling a story and covering all the Memes. I tip my hat to you....

MYM said...

Lots of great photos and as tink says, a meme trifecta! lol

Unknown said...

I'm a little late, it's more like Blue Tuesday with me!I'm very impressed with your trifecta; looks like so much fun.