The White House

The White House

Sunday, March 15, 2009

How's That List Coming Along?

I bet you are dying to know how things are coming with the Spring Break Thursday Thirteen. Very well, thank you.

1. Rousing game of hide-and-seek...this time outdoors at the Ice Park. Lukey is hiding....


...here's Olivia in a tunnel of ice.


2. Lots of snowboarding. Elijah went today, but Nick is kickin' back since the unfortunate wipe-out. Elijah's trip to Birch involved a 30-minute drive to drop him off, 30 minutes home. Two hours later, 30 minutes to the hill to trade him a snowboard for broken skis, 30 minutes home. An frantic hour search for a missing Nick on his stuck snow machine, 30 minutes to the hill to pick up Elijah, 30 minutes home. Total: 4 hours in the truck (not including two side trips to the store).

3. Special time with Emily included some shopping and home manicure.


4. Seed packets are still in the bag. The dirt is under several feet of snow, and I'm lacking the motivation to tackle that project.

5. Work on Olivia's blanket....very little.

6. Finish a project. Remember awhile back when had you guess what these were?


Now they are embellished a bit....


And sewn into 11 aprons that were intended as Christmas gifts, but LIFE got in the way of completion.
Complete with two pockets, I might add. They will be packaged with some cookbooks picked for the individual and sent out on Monday. Better late than never.

7, 8 & 9: Sewing projects...fabric is washed and I am now ironing.
10. Pay-it-forward project is started, but it is 2:00am and I am too lazy to photograph it. (I'll show you later!).
11. Take the kids to the Ice Sculptures. Check! Here are some shots from the Kids Park taken with a crappy camera since the battery was dead on the good camera. (Perfect planning on my part...NOT!). (Tuesday for "My World" I'll share shots of the sculptures in the competition).

A slide next to a sourdough and bear (click to enlarge).

Emily got in the bowl, but it was too slippery to get out!




A big maze that got the little people confused and lost!

Lucas and Olivia couldn't get enough. As soon as they hit the bottom they were running for the stairs to do it again. The rest of us were freezing and wanted to move on. Not happening.

Everyone in one shot! :)


This is quite possibly the most dangerous thing ever. And there were two of them. The kids slide quite quickly in just snow pants, but there were also sleds. The sleds flew down and out and across the snow. Four lanes is about stupid because the inside lanes would stand up to walk and would cross the outside lane of a racing sled. Lucas had such a close call that I actually started crying. Can you imagine his little body slamming into that ice? It made me sick, but apparently I am the worrier of the family because no one else cried. Again, they loved it. Lucas and Emily didn't want to leave, but did. Olivia freaked out, cried and even kicked her boots off. Apparently, it was fun.
Lucas
Nick and Elijah

Emily...one of the screaming sleds!


You have to tilt your head to the left. I never even thought about how I was holding the camera, and to edit it I have to spend $30 to upgrade to Pro. It's 2:15 am...you can tilt your head! :)

12. Haven't even been to the "living spaces".

13. Have the chicken order in my head, just need to type it in tomorrow.

So far, pretty successful. Still so much more to do.....

12 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Those ice sculptures were the coolest things ever. I would have wanted to climb around in them and go on those slides myself.

Loved the aprons - they turned out great.

How in the world do you ever get any rest??

Janie said...

The ice park looks like great fun. Makes for great photos, too.

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...thanks for taking us to the ice park. WOW! Looks like everyone had a good time. Also, I love your aprons...you are something woman!!!!

anymommy said...

Oh my. I have never thought that something looked like so much fun and so cold all at the same time!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love seeing your neck of the woods. That looks like great fun. Sounds like you guys are spending some quality time together.

Tara said...

You have been so busy!! I'm so proud of you :) The ice park looks like TONS of FUN! I would freeze my butt off, but the kids would think it was the best. I love the aprons you made, too! What am I getting done this spring break? err...I WAS working on this lady's wedding registry. The show is tomorrow and I have SQUAT done. OOPS...lend me some of your motivation? PLEASE? :)

Indrani said...

Out of sheer curiosity I have started following your blog.I have never seen so much of ice and your shots fascinate me. :)

Greetings from India!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Looks like fabulous fun for the kids! But you wouldn't catch me on those ice slides! We are enjoying the beginning of Spring Break here today.... we should see temps in the low 80's! No ice happening here!

Anonymous said...

That ice wonderland is awesome! I would have thought you would be frozen too, but it does look like fun. :-)

You are one busy lady!

Egghead said...

That is the coolest ice park. I can see how the kids would totally love that. I would too....even the sliding.
Even at my old age. Course I would probably break my neck but it look so fun.

Carla said...

So, THIS is what you people WAY up north do! What fun:)

Afraid I agree about the crashing part though-guess its a mom thing:)

Corey~living and loving said...

oh man...that looks like the coolest place EVER. I would want a helmet on Sugar for the sliding, but WOW! what fun!

you are clicking away on that list. well done. I love the aprons. :) darling.