The White House

The White House

Monday, November 24, 2008

Whew! What a Weekend!

What a busy few days! Friday, Saturday & Sunday we packed in a wrestling tournament (14 schools, 170 wrestlers), a basketball tournament (9 teams), a soccer game and some family fun (and work). Oh, and a birthday party. Whew!



Cody's first match was Friday night. He tried hard, but was pinned. I worked four hours of front gate! Grandma Debbi kept the Wee People and Emily for the night! Elijah went to watch an ABA game.
When I got home I got to open my package from the Kaleido-Swap. My swap partner really spoiled me. If you are interested in swapping gifts with people from all over the world check out the site! After that we were slackers and watched Leatherheads!Mr. White dropped Cody off at wrestling at 7:30am (on his way to work) for weigh-ins and the pancake feed. At 9:00am I dropped Elijah to his game, and took my crock pot of chili to the wrestling hospitality room. I got to watch Cody wrestle this match. He didn't win, but tried hard. His neck was hurt from the night before so he didn't wrestle anymore matches the rest of the day.

I raced back in time to catch the second half of this win while Mr. White dropped Nick off at his soccer game (which they tied).

Then we hurried across town to another gym for this win....

After that game Mr. White picked up Nick and met us for lunch before heading to another game. Unfortunately, they didn't win this one.

Nick and Cody worked the front gate at wrestling so I could watch Elijah play in the semi-finals against Barrow (the team they had just lost to). At one point they were down by 12 points, but they just didn't give up and ended up winning by five! This was a team not expected to win any games, they went 3 for 4 and were headed to the championship!
After the game I went back to meet Mr. White and the boys at wrestling. Finally, at about 8:00pm I left to pick up the Wee People and Emily to go home. Mr. White finished up working the tournament and then showed up at the house with our three boys and three extras! The boys went down the road to the neighbors for a birthday party for a few hours and we finally hit the sack after midnight!


Sunday at 11:30am we went down to the courts for the championship game that didn't get going until about 1:00pm. The boys lost, but never gave up. (The team we were playing is the competitive travel team from our town...the best seventh graders in town...and we weren't expected to win).



Then it was back home for a shower and a trip back to take Elijah to the movies with his girlfriend (and a side trip to Home Depot for more paint). Then back home to work a little, then back to town to get Elijah (and take one of our guests home) and then back home to work on our project (that I'll share tomorrow). Even with all the work we were doing we threw in a little time for fun.


Here Lucas is playing air hockey with his sister.


Olivia loved it (it was their first time!).


Nick playing hacky sack...yes, he intentionally dresses weird.

with Elijah and Cody....





Emily and Mr. White with the Wee People (Em in shorts and boots...yes, she intentionally dresses weird, too!).

Whew! It was quite a weekend. Just when we thought it was over (and we had put the kids to bed) I got a phone call. My brother was on his way from Tok (200 miles away) in the ambulance because they were afraid he'd had a minor stroke.
If you are a reader of my blog you'll remember my Comes in Threes post. I am very superstitious. Just two days ago I learned my Uncle Jim had passed away. Now my brother was on his way to the hospital. I definitely felt a sense of panic. Anyhow, I met my brother at the ER and after initial tests they sent him home with me. This morning I get a phone call letting me know my great-niece (8) had a seizure for unknown reasons and was at the hospital having tests done. Bam! There it was...number three! Anyhow, Larry is currently getting more tests done at the hospital and I should hear from him soon...if they give him the okay he has a ride back to Tok otherwise I will go and get him (or maybe they'll admit him?). My niece was hoping to get her daughter in for more tests today, but it may be tomorrow. I haven't heard back from her yet.
So there you have it...one busy, busy, busy three days....and a reminder that everything comes in threes. Don't fool yourself into thinking they don't!
*edited to note that they gave Larry the okay to go home...not sure what really happened, but the say he is fine! :)

5 comments:

Snowbird said...

I am totally exhausted just reading about your weekend! I'm glad your brother is ok and keeping my fingers crossed for your niece's daughter. I'm with you, I believe in the "comes in threes" theory too.

Jess said...

Where do you get your energy to keep up with it all? I'm tired just thinking about your busy weekend!

Glad to hear things are okay with your brother and I hope your niece has the same outcome.

stace41971 said...

Im glad to hear your brother is ok, scary stuff.
Im going to go back to bed now..your post exhausted me. I don't know how you can keep up with it all...especially in cold weather..when it gets cold here..I just want to hibernate.

Anonymous said...

The boys look fantastic in their sports. I hope your niece gets the okay too...

A, B, C, and D said...

i just requested to join the swap!! I am sooo excited!