The White House

The White House

Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Saturday

Last year we had three boys playing on three different competition hockey teams. We spent most of our time in a rink or in the van. This year the boys all switched to football so I haven't been in a rink since April. On Saturday, my friend Patty's two boys had games here in town. I decided to make a day of hockey with Jared's game at 11:00am, then Carson's game at 4:00 (didn't have the camera) and Jared's game at 7:00pm. What a day of hockey!

This is Jared. He's 15 and plays for the Alaska Allstars in Anchorage.
(Carson is 10 and plays for the Arctic Lions here in Fairbanks).



It was great seeing Jared play again (both my older boys have been on a team with him at one point in their careers), but I'm not so sure I miss sitting in the rink all the time. Football was a refreshing change. Now I'm on to basketball and wrestling. Nice diversity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very nice action photographs.

Snowbird said...

I LOVE hockey. We have followed Bowling Green State University hockey for many years now. They do play UAF during the season traveling up there every other year. I also watched my godson grow up playing hockey. He graduated from high school last spring so may or may not play anymore. Who knows. Love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Awww..thanks Gayle for adding Jared to your web! I miss seeing you at the rink so it was great catching up with you!