The White House

The White House

Friday, August 8, 2008

Tagged with a BFF Gold Card



I received my first ever tag from Tink at My Mobile Adventures. It's the Blogging Friends Forever Gold Card (BFF Gold Card). I have to admit I was pretty excited about the whole thing. To make a new friend in a sea of thousands is a rare gift indeed! I began blogging to post photos of the kids for the Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. It was easier than sending individual emails. Then came the addiction of Manic Monday, tackle it Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Thursday Thirteen, etc. I couldn't get enough of this thing called Blogger. THEN I found other blogs. Interesting blogs, funny blogs, REAL blogs. Now I'm addicted to reading about someone else's life. Seems kind of weird when you think about it. My husband does not understand it. My kids think I have some kind of computer problem. I know that I've made some "friends" that I comment to and they comment back, and it is all a feel good thing. (And anytime we do something legal and healthy that makes us feel good we should do it again and again!) :) So with that said, I thank Tink for her kindness and I will now pay-it-forward.


The rules are:

1. You have to tag 5 people.
2. 4 of the 5 have to be dedicated followers to your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and must live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whomever gave you the award
#1 Lori at The Skoog Farm Journal. My memory has left the building so I can't recall exactly how I came across Lori's blog, but right from the start I loved it. My first attraction was the horses and gardening. Now I am just amazed at all the different hats Lori wears and incredible amount of living she can pack into one day! If I had half her energy and ambition I'd conquer the world. Really. My days begin and end by reading her blog. It's a feel good thing.
#2 Stace at Stace's Space. Again, no idea how I ended up finding her, but I am so glad I did. Stace has kids she loves that can drive her crazy. Me, too. Stace gardens. Me, too. She has work to do on her house. Me, too. She love animals. Me, too. (She's even talking about getting sheep!). She measures distance by time not miles. Me, too. (It's 15 minutes to Redskin Football practice, but I have no idea how many miles it is. I also measure in gallons.). She is homeschooling her kids, and well, if I thought we could stay under one roof all the time without killing each other I would do it to. (We are READY for school to start now!). Stace is great. She's smart, funny...and well, I like having her a part of my day. She's someone I'd drive half an hour every morning to just have coffee with and let our kids play for the day, and then race home for dinner. It's a bummer she's so far away because I think we'd make great real-life friends.
#3 Rayne at Crunchy Bits. Rayne has kids, a sense of humor (sometimes sarcastically and I like that!), a full-plate with health issues and still the most upbeat personality. I think I must be so drawn to her as she is a fellow Scorpio (okay, maybe that was a line of crap, but we share the sign!). I normally look at blogs with lots of photos because I can do that fairly quickly. My oh-so-slow internet and computer really limits the number of pages I can look at each day. For some reason I am drawn to her writing and very few photos (you should post more, Rayne!). It's another feel good read for me.
#4. Carmen at A, B, C & D. Again, no recollection of how I got there, but once I did I stayed. Why am I so drawn to Carmen? She speaks her mind just like me. She's not afraid to tell it how it is. I found her and Deanna as they awaited the birth of their son Aiden right when they were having mean co-worker, crappy baby shower issues. Every morning I just had to check and see what was unfolding. Anyhow, beautiful Aiden is now the center of their lives, and I just love checking out his daily photos. Could one little boy be any more loved? I wonder...
#5. I'm having a hard one with number five. Honestly, Tink who tagged me and Snowbird at Sand Between My Toes are the other blogs that I look at daily. Tink shows me great sights and Snowbird tells some very funny stories (and well, I just have to see how the house turns out), but she was already tagged by Tink. So I decided to go with a blog that I look at a lot, but I seriously doubt Jaynee at The Lockwood Family has had a moment to check out my nonsense. Jaynee and Daniel are missionaries to Mexico. That isn't even the part that attracts me. It is the fact that are in their 30's and have 11 children. ELEVEN! They are 4 months, 20 months, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11. The children are all beautiful and clean. All. The. Time. The sacrifices they make and their committment to God and family are amazing. My kids run around trying to kill each other, and these kids...their idea of a good time is helping mommy with chores and playing with each other. Can I send her mine?
So there you have it. I've have passed on this most wonderful award that I will treasure all my blogging days! Thanks Tink! :)

7 comments:

Snowbird said...

Gayle, congrats on your tag. And thank you, thank you, thank you for not tagging me again. LOL. I am enjoying reading your blog. Thanks again to Tink for leading us all off in different directions to new blogs.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Blogging is all about making connections with people, other places.....I love my blogosphere! Congrats!

stace41971 said...

aww..thank you for the tag :-D It was a lot of fun :-D I'm always amazed at all the great people I've met through blogging :-)

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...ok, I did it. Thanks for the kind words.
Lori

Tink *~*~* said...

See, this is the real reason for tagging people with a meme - exposure to what/who everyone else is reading. Thanks for telling us about the Lockwood family. I'm not religious and I've never been interested in having children, but I find the family nevertheless very appealing.

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Tink *~*~* said...

PS - curse you for having the BNL on your music player - I had to tarry here for a while till they were done :D

Rayne said...

Okay! I'm on it. Just give me a day or two. Trying to catch up, and I have to think this one through. Which ones to pick, etc.
Barenaked Ladies!!!!