The White House

The White House

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Love Thursday: Sleeping Children

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are six of mine and one borrowed child sleeping throughout the house right now. What a beautiful sight! These photographs are the beauty of silence. I LOVE sleeping children!

Olivia
Lucas
Nick
EmilyElijah
Tyler
Cody
There are also nine sleeping dogs/puppies, but if I take their photographs they will wake up. Then they will whine. Then they will bark. Then they will wake up the Seven Dwarfs. Not even going to chance it! :)
See more Love Thursday at the Shutter Sisters!

12 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

Ahhh. Sleep tight!

Snowbird said...

Don't you just love sleeping children? They are the best kind. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine you tiptoeing around to each one. So cute!

stace41971 said...

Awwww...Sleeping children are the best!!! :-P How did you manage to take their pics without waking them up??? I swear mine can hear me coming in the deepest REM sleep...made the whole "tooth fairy" era interesting...:-D Hope you enjoyed the quiet time.

Sheila said...

They all seem so very sweet while they sleep!

iMother2.0 said...

what a great post and such sweet shots. I so get not taking shots of the pets...they don't sleep asl soundly. I really enjoyed this. :)

Dawn said...

awww, that's a lot of kids!! and the fact that they're all sleeping is so sweet.

Tash said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my California poppies photo. But more so, thank you for getting me back to your blog. You have such beautiful children, yours & borrowed! What a wonderful set of photos for Love Thursday. I can certainly feel it. I am blessed with one son, now 13, and have a cherished photo of him sleeping taken about 3 years ago. Again, thank you for your post.

all over the map said...

that's a full house you have. what a blessing.
those moments of calm and peace are priceless.
thanks for visiting and for saying hello.
xo

Leora said...

All asleep? I think my daughter fell asleep while I was reading your post. Lovely photos of children.

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...what a great idea. So beautiful.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Sleeping kids = mommy time love. How is it the flash doesn't wake them up? I'm always affaid it will so I don't take any. Hmmm, I may have to reconsider ~ happy LT