The White House

The White House

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Wow! What a weekend! On Friday I was slightly irritated that it was taking my husband so long to get home. Okay, more than slightly irritated....when work is over I want him home. Instantly. If I had my way he'd be home with me all day long. I miss him when he's gone. So on Friday, he rolls into the yard 2 1/2 hours after getting off of work pulling this...

Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I had a million reasons that it was all wrong to spend money on a boat when we have so much to do at home. Blah, blah, blah. After seeing Homer's disappointment and then realizing how happy he and the boys were with the boat I knew I was wrong. Maybe we do need to finish our remodeling, but life is short. Nick and Cody will be off to college before we know it, and we'll never be able to get back missed weekends of boating and fishing. Dad was right on this one.


On Saturday night we had date night. Dinner, a game of pool, a night at Pike's Hotel and brunch in the morning. It was so wonderful to have uninterrupted time with my husband! When we got home Sunday I was sent into the house to "hide my eyes" so he could "put together" my Mother's Day present. With closed eyes I am led to this...


A brand-new Suzuki 400 4WD 4-wheeler with a dump trailer all for me! Imagine my shock. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed this one. I have got to be the luckiest mom in town. I guess it shows how much my husband appreciates me being the mother of his children. I don't think there are words to describe what a kind, loving and generous man I am married to. I am so blessed!

And honey...about that boat thing...man, do I feel bad about being...well... me. I wish I could have just smiled and been happy for you in the first place. I'll remember that the next time you do something wild and crazy like you've done this weekend! :) Happy fishing boys...I'll be thinking of you when I'm cruising on the new ride.

No comments: