The White House

The White House

Friday, May 30, 2008

Catching Up

On Wednesday we celebrated National Hamburger Day . Here's Nick enjoying a burger in his room.

Last night (Thursday) Homer and I went to an Elton John Concert. He is absolutely amazing. When he started playing it brought tears to my eyes. I have listened to his music since I was a little kid and even have about ten of his earliest albums (Brown Dirt Cowboy, Captain Fantastic, etc.). This definitely falls into the top ten things I've done in my life. Ohh, maybe that would make a great Thursday Thirteen!

Rocket Man

After the concert and the hike back to the van it was late, but we were starving. We went for burgers and fried zuccini, and got home a bit late. Look at what we saw.....


Need a closer look? Yes, it was 28 degrees outside!


But we do get to enjoy this kind of light....no wonder Alaskans never sleep in the summer!

1 comment:

Sandy M said...

Elton John!!! I am so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Burger looks good. I too am behind.