The White House

The White House

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Let's Back Up

 I completely jumped the gun with the post about the hogs, Blake and Miranda. They were driven down Monday the 16th... but there was fun times before that you missed. :)

Valentine's Day was a busy one .... with kids! We started off with Emily's soccer team photos. The coach was out-of-town (I was the fill-in, but didn't want to be in the photo). Emily and Peter were the only one's to show so I had them take a fun photo. Can't wait to get them back in the mail. 

Afterwards I took the "team" to breakfast. Tried a bagel shop I'd never been to. Fantastic! and the prices were more than reasonable. I had a jalapeno cream cheese, ham and pepper wrap.

After breakfast was Emily's game. She's not afraid to go up against the guys.

Then we were off to Lucas' team photo followed by his game.


After lunch I grabbed the boys and we all went over to load spent grains from a distillery that we feed the hogs and chickens. The road was ridiculously steep and I couldn't help, but Emily did. Both boys were hung over so they did a lot of grumbling, but it got done. 


Next up Emily and I went down to a friend's house and did her make-up. They had Valentine's plans... dinner, comedian and 80's Prom. Sounded like a good time, but instead Homer and took 3 kids to the UAF Nannok hockey game.

My iPhone is 3 years old and is now taking foggy, blurry photos. :(

This goalie was on the opposing team from Minnesota and is currently the number one goalie in the Nation. He is a locally raised and our boys once played on teams with him. Just an outstanding young man.

Was Sunday a day of rest? Almost. The Girl Scout Council was having a session of Glo Yoga so I picked up some of the girls and worked the sign-in table.
 Olivia is in purple.

Now you already know Monday was the big drive with hogs. Rest on Tuesday? Nope. It was the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet. I was supposed to do the awards, but then ended up doing pretty much everything. The girls and I made all the decorations at home.



There were the 12 core values put on all the tables.

Little jars with the Promise and on the other side a place marker assigning tables to Dens.

Big vases with branches with each of the boys' names hanging down.


This is the Bear ceremony for my Den.


 I was missing one boy who had pink eye. I have 7 this year.

 The ice cream trough!!

 A tradition from way back.

Now... you're caught back up to the hog haulin' :)

5 comments:

Janie said...

The kids are really growing fast.
I had to go back and look at the hog hauling. That looks like quite an adventure, getting the hogs loaded for the butcher shop.

Stephen Andrew said...

Those decorations are lovely! The little fire pit is so cute. you keep such a busy pace. Don't know how you do it!

Arizaphale said...

Oh that ice cream trough!!! I've never seen such a thing! And Glo-yoga? Hilarious. Love it. Looks like winter is still with you though. Any sign of a melt yet?

DeniseinVA said...

This is a great series of family photos and other great shots. Really enjoyed them.

Anonymous said...

Missing your posts. Did you move your blog or just not blogging anymore? Either way I hope you and your family are are doing well.