The White House

The White House

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pigs, Chickens and Kids... Oh My!

Third post of the day.... scroll down to catch up.

August 5...

I'm on a roll today. Not really. Just using blogging as a work avoidance technique. 

Hamsley loved when I shared the grass clippings with him. 

So do the chickens and Daisy.

This is how warm summer was. Legos outside.

I grew corn! Can you believe it?

 August 6....

The neighbors who have six kids walked over for an unannounced visit. Then their kids got in the pool fully clothed. Strange, but everyone had fun.

I made a fire so they could dry off and then sat there late into the evening. I love the fire pit. We can't have fires in the summer because it is so dry so this is the one good thing about Fall.

 August 7....

I hauled rocks to the bank. It was hot and Olivia was sitting in the shade of the lilac bush.

My flowers were outstanding this summer.

This was the only day all summer that we got the slip 'n slide out. For the life of me I don't know why. We could have used it every day.





I made kohlrabi coleslaw. It was awful. LOL


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love the slide, great pics with water spray, and the flowers, I can see the rock pile growing like daisies!!! Cheers from Jean

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

All the flowers are gorgeous.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your hard work shows in the beauty you have there surrounding you. You really amaze and inspire me.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Arizaphale said...

Slip n' slides were banned in Australia during the drought. Just reminding you how much I love watching your 'patch'.