The White House

The White House

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

Look who loves the big animals Santa brought them. Perfect to snuggle on while watching movies (which they happen to be doing while I make this post).
016
We were waiting for some of the kids to arrive so I made eggs, potatoes and bacon for breakfast.
017018
There was a pretty big delay in their arrival so after several hours we started opening stockings. The kids were patient for so long.
019
020
021
Little tiny miss chewing on treats from Granma Claudia. No name yet. I need to give this some thought.
025
Cody arrived and we had less than an hour before Emily had to leave so we started opening presents. About ten minutes later Andrew got her with Sydney. It was a frantic time (normally we take turns opening presents) so we could get done before Emily had to leave. She was so sad to go, but did get to come back after eating with the WSM’s family. She was so happy to be back home, but of course, it was too brief for us all.
027
028
030
032
033
034
He was so excited he tore the box open. Elijah was so excited he wanted one, too.
039
040
The puppy thought Cody’s feet were a good place to lay during the festivities.
046
Look at the smiles… our house isn’t perfect, but my children are truly happy here.
047
Yes, he got one, too.
049
063
He was actually excited to get clothes!
066
068
070
074
Stoked about his new gun cleaning kit.
083
It’s a fish kind of year. Elijah and Emily asked for fish (so they got tanks) and we thought Olivia and Lucas would have fun with a little tank, too. Now the work begins setting them up….
087
092
Emily is in love with the puppy. Her and I are saving our pennies to get her one, too.
101
102
104
Olivia and I are going to be sewing together. I bet Emily ends up using her machine and learning as well. I love teaching my girls (and boys) things I know.
110
Nick was surprised…. we got him the laptop he’s been wanting. It’s a win-win…. he gets something portable with enough memory to hold all his music and Emily is going to get a new-to-her computer in her room. Both were happy!
122
Cody went out and made jumps for the snow machines. We found that they aren’t as powerful as we hoped so they raced on a track.
126
127
Yep, it was cold and snowing and my son was wearing shorts. That’s Alaskans for you.
133
These two will be 40 and still playing with finger boards.
138
We took our first whole family photo. Homer, myself and our eight children as well as Cody’s girlfriend Trudy (who is due with our first grandchild in March). I can even express the love I have for each of those kids.
147
After family photos it was time for my man Aaron to throw the ball for another big W.
151
I think we did this a few years back so we decided rather than Mom slave in the kitchen over dinner we would make individual homemade pizzas. Homer and I got together the toppings…. pepperoni, sausage, anchovies, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, sundried tomatoes and cheese….the kids each made their own dough and put it together. It was a lot of fun. (I think I accidently changed the setting on the camera because a few photos were really blurry).
152
153
Cody and Homer also cooked up the caribou heart. Yes, I tasted it. (First heart I’ve eaten in my 44 years in Alaska). It tasted just like the meat with a bit of a spongy texture.
155
157
158
159
We ended the evening with some fire works that Emily got to share with the family.
161
164
Oh, and we took one more family photo because the house was full of smoke in the first one (little wood stove mishap).
171
Before bed our neighbor stopped in with his music, tree and moving reindeer.
173
Behind that he pulled his son, Dawson, and his girlfriend. Crazy Alaskans!!
174
The time we spent  together opening presents, making pizza, playing games…. were the best ever. Homer and I have eight of the most awesome kids (who think we’re pretty cool, too). Hope you had a Merry Christmas, too.
(Christmas Eve posted below).

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Gayle ~ Your Christmas photos are wonderful!! I love the two family shots also. What great memories you made this Christmas. Your DIY pizza dinner looks like fun and yummy.

Thank you for sharing the joy of your Christmas.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Wow! What a fantastic day, so many happy faces. What a beautiful family you have Gayle. And your pizza making for Christmas dinner is genius! Tell Elijah I like his Snoopy tee-shirt.

Patty said...

Loved the Pizza idea!
The puppy is so cute!
Congrats on the new Grandbaby-wow, kinda shocked, but baby is coming, so it is exciting.
Merry Christmas!
PS loved the family photos!