The White House

The White House

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The House of “We are too busy to be sick”

Yep, the house that never gets sick has been sick. One or more afflicted with head or stomach problems for the last two weeks. It’s hard to formulate thoughts and keep our days in order so for awhile, random posts it will be.

I’ve still got to get Homer’s birthday and cross-country running practice photos off my phone….Yes. I’ve been busy.

Here’s my little man on his first day of school last Thursday. You’d think someone could have gotten him a haircut first. He was so excited.




He was thrilled to go off on the bus with the girls and didn’t want me to meet him to walk him to class. He informed me he could go to school all by himself. Then I drug my sick self around town for the day…to pick-up Lucas, Elijah to school, custody hearing, cross-country practice and finally home at 5:00pm wiped out. It seems everyday, all day I have to be in town and nothing is being accomplished at home.


Friday was another  day of school and therapy, but at least I got to spend a couple hours at home. I tried to shear Daisy, but need something to lock her head in place or she’s going to lose an eye on the shears. I started to weed-whack, but then it was time to run.

The kids and I met dad in North Pole and took a drive to a farm in Delta. (It was a 220-mile round trip from our house). We went to see these sweethearts.

The black/white and tan/white at the bottom of the photo were males and we weren’t looking at them. The other three were the females. They are Nigerian Dwarf Goats if you are wondering. We were immediately drawn to the one Lucas is petting and …..


…the black and white one in front of Olivia because they were the smallest. We ended up getting the one Lucas is petting above. She was calmer and the other one a bit feisty. I don’t need feisty.  Take another look. She was the smallest and the oldest at four months.


On our way back home we stopped at Birch Lake to stretch our legs.



I saw a nickel in the water and Lucas went right in after it.



Well, it’s a busy day. We’ve got to make a run for animal feed and then work outside as the sun is shining…finally!! Emily and Elijah are the only two of the seven in our home that feel okay, but the rest of us are still trudging along. Sure hope we kick it sooner rather than later.


FlowerLady said...

Hope you are soon feeling much better.

Lucas certainly looked excited about his first day of school. I love the pictures of he, Olivia and Emily.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Stace said...

yuck, I hope you guys start to feel better...seems like back to school is also "back to sick". We just got over a seriously horrendous sinus things here...after a month im still coughing but at least my teeth stopped hurting!!
Love, love, LOVE Nigerian Dwarf's...I saw some at the fair and totally fell in love with them...What's her name?? How does Daisy feel about her? Are you going to breed her and milk her?

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Looks like a fun day with your road trip. That goat is too sweet and will be a fun addition to your mini farm.

I loved the picture of Lucas on his first day of school. It about made me cry. My son just started college, but the ONE picture I hold dear is his first day of school picture for pre-school. It's my favorite picture. Excuse me while I go sob.....