The White House

The White House

Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Heat Wave

We've had a bit of t-shirt weather. Okay...so maybe not t-shirt weather to everyone, but I was plenty warm in just a t-shirt and jeans while working outside the other day. The mark on my arm? I burnt myself on the oven. I cannot cook without burning myself. Just a fact of life.
I finally filled the feeder and the birds are so happy they don't even care that I am an arms length away.

Friday and Saturday the skies were a brilliant blue. Not so much today. It was very grey out. See the sliver of the moon? I love it when both the sun and moon are visable at the same time.

Hello! My shadow is so long because the sun is still very low on the horizon at my house.

Can't beat 40's in February!

The bad part is when these wet roads turn to ice at night. There have been so many accidents this week.

I think it was around 5:30 or 6:00pm when I took these before the sun went down. (The time on my camera is all messed up).

Made pizzas again. You can see how concerned I am with having a perfect circle...or not.

Last night was the last home high school game for the Monroe Catholic Rams basketball team. During half time the 8th grade boys were announced and honored for their undefeated season and for being the City League Champions. Coach Ostanik (who is awesome...he's coached college level ball!) got the boys bragging shirts. Unfortunately, he wasn't in the photo...he was in the locker room with his high school team. There's Elijah in the middle. I think he is now officially the tallest on the team. He just keeps growing and growing!

Olivia, Dad and I sat on one side of the gym and Elijah was on the other with Lucas. I wonder what they are talking about?


Nick went skateboarding with his friends. Here's a quick clip of Nick doing some kind of kick-flip off whatever. He's up in his room studying for a test or I'd ask him the right terminology. It's almost 11:00pm and everyone (but Nick) is sleeping. The quiet is so peaceful, but I think for once I'll go to bed early and get some rest.

Or not! It's been 20 minutes and the 10-second clip still hasn't loaded.

After 30-minutes I realized that the format had to be converted to upload. Arrrgg! The mp4 to avi converter I downloaded off the Internet is on the other computer which is turned off. I don't know the name of the company to find it again so I give up and I'm going to bed. I'll show you Nick's steezy trick tomorrow! Night all!

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

You're back! It's amazing that your weather is warmer than ours. Not to long ago I also got a photo of the moon and the sun at the same time ..that does not happen very often. Nice shots.

RottenMom said...

Love your shadow! And a kiss for your boo-boo burn!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

LOVE the chickadees!!! They are my fav to watch at the feeder! Glad you're up and about again.

stace41971 said...

I have a scar on my right wrist that looks identical to your burn. I burnt it on a woodstove.
I love your chickadee pics :) they're so much fun to photograph...some of them are so unafraid I think they'd eat right out of my hands!
Goood to see you're back and feeling better.:)