The White House

The White House

Sunday, January 3, 2010

We Have Fire!

These are the goofballs that spent the night last night to celebrate Elijah's birthday that was Dec. 28th. He's now 14 and just as ornery as ever! These guys actually went to the movies looking like this. To meet girls. Idiots! Scooter did put on a pair of yellow pants and Forrest's pants were red. They looked like the Teletubbies. They had fun which is all that really matters. A few of the group were missing...Tyler is down South visiting his dad, Jordan H. and Nick K. were sick and Jordan S. didn't make it back from Anchorage. We sure missed those boys, but not sure my house could have handled much more aggressive boy behavior!

While they were at the movies my husband built our first fire and that is where we sat until the wee hours of the morning. (Emily, Olivia and Lucas went to spend the night at grandma Debbi's to stay out of Elijah's hair giving us some much needed relaxation time together).

The puppies piled up on us and we almost fell asleep snuggled in the chair. I can see this is where we will be spending a lot of time. I mean, really, who wouldn't want to snuggle with that guy and his cute little doggies?

I have a hat-making obsession. Not even sure what I am going to do with them. I guess I'll save them for future gifts. Also, made a blue and white one, but didn't get a photo before it was given as a gift. The red, white and green one represents the Mexican flag and is for Elijah's friend Jordan H. who is part Mexican. This morning I made a pillowcase and puppy bed for by the fire. I'm in a making things kind of mood!

I also helped Emily sew a little pillow and blanket for her sister's doll. I love spending time with her this way.

We never did have cake last night so we sang a little happy birthday song this afternoon before the boys went to the gym to play ball. As Alaskans -30F is not a reason to stay home!

My blogging is slowing down the Internet and messing with Nick's Call of Duty game on the xBox so I'll be back later with my resolution post and the promises of a glorious new year.

6 comments:

gpc said...

Hats are always useful and yours are especially nice! My mom went through a hat phase years ago and we gave hundreds of them to day care centers and homeless shelters. We used to joke that every homeless person and kid in detroit was wearing one of her (ugly) hats. They were always happy to get them. They would have been thrilled to have yours instead!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Enjoy that stove you will love it. and so will the pups.

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Thats so funny,the clothes on the boys but those memories will last forever. I think thats great!!! They look like they are having a blast too.
The fire looks cozy,Im freezing right now & you live where it's colder. Cute pic with the pups,mans best friend for sure :)
The best photo,I like the one with Emily sewing. It's nice to see family photo's where the family is a true one :) Thanks!!

Lori Skoog said...

I can't believe you did not have a stove before this! Have you moved away from it yet? There's nothing like that kind of heat!

Patty said...

I love the Italian looking hat! It's awesome! You could sell those Gayle!
The fireplace (wood stove) looks awesome! Im so jealous!

Patty said...

PS I cannot believe Elijah is 14! Dear God, where has the time gone?