The White House

The White House

Monday, December 14, 2009

What a Glorious Day!

Work, work, work on Christmas presents. I've never quilted before so I'm teaching myself to use these squares. Not so bad, but I wish I wouldn't have been so poor years ago and would have gotten a larger cutting mat.

It takes so long to get light when it is cloudy and snowing. So blue.


The dogs all lined up in their kennel napping. Well, they were until I woke them up.

Drove to town to pick up Nick. Everything is so frosty.
From Untitled Album


On the second trip to town to pick up Elijah we saw a moose on the way back. It ran when my tires hit the rumble strip.

Dinner tonight was oven roasted vegetables (onions, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and peppers).

Porcupine meatballs with fresh jalapeno in a stewed tomato and beer sauce.

We tried to have the little ones play memory, but this family is entirely too competitive even at the youngest ages. Look at her face....pouting because he made a match. Then happy because she made a match.

Then he threw a major fit when he lost and I laughed so hard.
Eventually he laughed, too, but then went right back into fit mode which required some help from Nick.

Absolutely no help out of this guy. His only reaction was to yell at us if we got in the way of the television.

This girl just sat and watched it all.

Trying for a little romantic atmosphere. Well, about as romantic as you can get with five kids running around. Sauteed some onions , bacon and rosemary to put in the mashed potatoes.

The finished product with some piping hot corn bread. Dinner was awesome!

This is what happens when you make dinners such as this.

These guys are playing with Olivia's new moon sand waiting for dad to get up so we can watch Transformers. What a glorious day!

6 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

my kids would pop even a BIGGER fit when I laughed at them.

B said...

Seriously I just want to come over and hang out!! Oh and if I pop by can you cook me somethign..lol...your food posts make my mouth water!

Tell Miss Olivia Happy Birthday and she made a beautiful cake.

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...For someone who said she didn't cook, I am so proud of you! You are preparing some fabulous meals!
Also, it's nice to read that you had a glorious day...you deserve it.

Patty said...

Love the pic of Homer snoozing....

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Looks like a fab meal!! Whens dinner tonight??

Hubby and pooch look very cute snoozing!!

Snowbird said...

That food looks amazing. Thought you didn't like to cook!!