The White House

The White House

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Hodge Podge of Sorts

Warning: A rambling post of the last few days.

A couple days ago this was my morning. A little foot soak, some Christmas music and a cup of hot coffee while making another hat.

The little ones have been playing a lot of air hockey lately, and the games are not always friendly. They are entirely too competitive a bit like the rest of us.


We got about six inches of fluff one night.

Where's Nick's car?

Then it got cold. It was about -20 when Nick, Elijah and I went to watch a high school game. I love when I get some good action shots. Only one in five are worth keeping!


Yesterday Emily went to visit Debbi. It was really cold out. This is the view driving down Chena Ridge.


It was -40 at Grandma's house. Why am I shopping at these temperatures? Because I procrastinated!

Me. Alone in a 15-passenger van. So quiet. Oh, have I mentioned that they totalled my Excursion? Apparently there is too much frame damage to justify the repairs. I still can't believe I'm not getting my truck back. I'll drive the van until we decide what to get next. Every where I went it was so busy. Everyone leaves their cars running in these temperatures.

Today it was a heat wave when I stepped outside! We went from extreme cold to +8 at my house. I'm pretty sure it was warmer later in the day. The kids went out to play. Check out those rosy cheeks.

In between finals, drivings kids to school, picking them up, taking them skateboarding, driving girlfriends home, going to basketball games, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. I've been knitting and sewing for Christmas. I wish I had more time! Yes, those hats are long on purpose. It is a request. The others are pajamas.

Tonight we watched the second Transformers movie. Sure has their attention!

Of course, I can't just sit and watch a movie so I made more hats.

So much to do before Christmas. Maybe after the holidays I'll be able to post more regularly with some photos of what we do and where we live. Or not.

I hope everyone is enjoying this magical time of year.

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

oh my gosh Gayle ~ I think it's cold here with our 48 degrees this morning, then I read your blog post and I don't see how you all can live, work and play in those minus temps of yours. Those were great pictures, and your knitting is lovely.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a great new year.

FlowerLady

Lori Skoog said...

Cold! I love all the hats you made and the PJs too. Sorry about your car...Is that from the accident your son was in? There are no dull moments around you house.

Wishing you, your family and all your critters are very Merry Christmas!

stace41971 said...

Wow..its cold there! I read this and called Mike over and said "Now thats not something you see up here..ever!" Ive never seen that many cars running unattended outside of a shopping center...one or two maybe, with people IN them. Apparently we New ENglanders are too suspicious for our own good :P
I really need to learn to knit...I would love making hats I think. Someday. :) Yours look great :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Love all the hats. your kids have the most beautiful eyes. stay warm. I love all the family time you guys have together.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

So hard for me to remember sometimes that its really WINTER in the North!! Can't forget for long when I see your blog. REALLY COLD!! I think I can honestly say that's one thing I don't miss about living in Montana!!!

Your hats are wonderful. Do you have an outlet to peddle them?? I'll bet there would be a lot of people snatching them up!!

Your van looks so big and empty! No kids! Did you fill it up with presents and groceries while you were in town??

Hope you and your family have a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Snowbird said...

I love all the hats. And the rosy cheeks--I just want to pinch them and make them rosier!!

Merry Christmas to everyone at the White House.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

How do you possibly knit so quickly? And they are all so perfectly made. What a talent! You should be selling them at all those ball games you are attending.

Janie said...

The rosy cheeks sure are cute, but I don't think I'd enjoy being out at -40!
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

Anonymous said...

u know Sis..if I ever get to wondering why I left Alaska, I just have to look at your blog to joggle my memory...Keep up the good work...Love you guys...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Martha said...

The snow shots are amazing. The hats area adorable, and as always your kids are too cute. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. With your houseful I am sure it was full of excitement!

Best wishes for 2010!

The Daily Grind