The White House

The White House

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tell Me Thursday: Sewing Notions

The other day I decided to finish up some sewing projects that have been laying around way too long. One of the things I had to do first was clean up my sewing area and notions box. Inside I found some items that were from my grandmother Dorothy's sewing box from over thirty years ago. You'll notice the price differences...thread for 15 cents, snaps originally for 30 cents, but on sale for 27 cents and 25 cent seam binding. My grandmother used to sew me dresses when I was little and these were her electric scissors from Sears. She passes away when I was seven and I never will forget her big pink bag of scraps I used to play with. I wish I would have had the chance to sew with her.
Each week you tell about your Wordless Wednesday here.

No comments: