The White House

The White House

Friday, June 26, 2009

Dirt Clods and Marshmallows

Today was a huge bust for me. Yesterday my dear husband worked all day and then all night.... 24 hours. I was up multiple times in the night worrying so when he finally made it in at 7:30am this morning to sleep a couple hours before going back to work for the day I finally fell asleep hard. Which means I got up late.

I managed to stand at the cell phone company forever getting Elijah a replacement phone. They last him about two months. What does he do to them? The little ones went to Debbi's for a couple hours and I putted around the house in peace and quiet with no real results.

After picking up the little ones I met Dad at the Ester Park where they have the Ester Artisans Market ever Thursday. There were a few little stands of purses, jewelry, baked goods and garden vegetables. My little ones are so shy so I'm making an effort to get out in public with them. It took twenty minutes to get Olivia to go more than five feet from my side!

The camera batteries were dead so I used my cell phone today. Not the greatest quality. Olivia wanted to try a bike without training wheels and of course, had to go through the water!

Lucas raced around like a wild man. There are about 20 different bikes and trikes at the park. People donate them to the Ester Community so there is no need to pack our stuff. There is plenty to play on.

Dad and I played horse (basketball). I had h*o*r and he had h*o*r*s, but since I remembered I left the pump running at home we had to go. He officially called that a forfeit on my part! lol :)
After dinner dad fell asleep on the couch and six hours later he is still there. He's so exhausted. I wandered around the yard, but really didn't get too excited about much. It's so chilly out. I did notice that one or more of my children threw dirt clods at the side of the house so I hosed it off. I got soaked in the process so I built a fire to roast marshmallows with Olivia and Lucas and warm back up.



Nick drove his brother home just in time to chop some more wood for me and then he was off to hang out with a bunch of friends.
Elijah is actually at home tonight which is a rarity. He's always going home with one of his friends. He umpired his third baseball game tonight and he likes it. He has another tomorrow and I may swing by to see how he does. I haven't gone yet because I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut if parents were heckling him. I know he can handle himself so this is one time it is better not to have his mother around!
Well, I guess I'll call it a night. Pretty early for me, but it's so quiet in the house it's making me sleepy. Hope the sun is out tomorrow and I find my motivation again.

5 comments:

B said...

That park sounds great. What a neat idea to have donated bikes.

Just last year my husband would bid us goodbye and sometimes we would not see him for three days due to an a long haul and no one to drive the truck.

It does make the time with them more important though.

Take care Gayle...Olivia is too sweet

Tara said...

a nice relaxing day for you! I'm so glad. We ALL need those from time to time ;)

patty said...

Thats cool that Elijah is reffing games....I am quite sure he can hold his own as well! haha

Gennasus said...

Your husband is so hard-working (same as you!), just don't let him wear himself out.

Great agility photos below. When do your little dogs start training?

Janie said...

I never have much motivation when I haven't had a reasonable night's sleep.
The dog agility in the post below is amazing. I'd love to try Daisy on one of those courses.