The White House

The White House

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catching My Breath

On the 5th Lucas turned three. He was so happy when we sang Happy Birthday to him.


He loved opening presents!

His birthday was spent with family.

The other day Olivia and I made a book together. I'm new at this, but Little Black Scrap Cat makes amazing books. Olivia is gluing the paper to the chipboard.

Labelling the photos.

Very proud of her accomplishment.


Great book of her family.

When Emily got home from school Thursday she spent an hour and a half helping me spray and compact the dog yard that I had spent all day cleaning.

Today, the boys went down to West Valley so Nick could practice kicking the football. His knee was giving him troubles and although his broken foot is technically healed it still hurts too much to run.

My hubby spent the day working on my greenhouse. We are covering it with plastic for now so I can use it. Someday we'll put the proper siding, but that is a several thousand dollar job, and will take some time to finish.

The girls helped me spread dirt in the chicken pen. I'd like to grow grass before they are put out there. (They come about the 20th of May and won't go outside for several weeks after that.)

We cut down a small tree that was right in the middle of the gate. Emily fed Daisy the new leaf shoots. She loved it!

Gertrude standing on one foot. It was a miserably cold day with sprinkles and wind. About 40 degrees, but felt even colder. We made the best of it.

The furnace is in and it is all covered except for the front. We'll finish tomorrow. Everyone got so cold and tired
Olivia is always so happy and so fun. I wish I had her spirit.

Miss Emily with the pretty tulips she got me for Mother's Day.

Such a chow hound!!
It was so cold out that Lucas spent most of the day playing Tonka trucks on the computer.

I've been blowing the leaves away so the grass can dry up to be mowed.

The pile is to the corner and now I'll blow this all down to the driveway to load in the trailer. This is were my hundreds of daisy's grow.

I found it funny that this Daisy would rather get down on her knees and shove her nose through the fence to get a leaf rather than eat the ones that I had blown in. Is that leaf greener on the other side of the fence?

It was a bitterly cold Mother's Day, but so wonderful to be with the family I love so much.

10 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gayle...I love this post....could really catch up on everything. Looks to me like things are going well.
Again, having spring up there has to be a big upper.
Hope you have a great day!

Gennasus said...

What a lovely family post! Lots going on and you all seem to work so well together.

Can't wait to see your chickens, what kind are you getting?

Thanks for the nice comment you left me. Glad you enjoyed our dogs but don't worry, they're not always well behaved, they have their moments!

B said...

I love reading about your daily life.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

It looks like an absolutely fabulous Mother's Day spent with your family!! I have to say, I don't miss the snow and cold, but I do feel like I miss the Spring that comes on it's heals. We have no real seasons here, just hot summer and mild winter (with perhaps a freezer or two - but not snow). Your property will look amazing in the summer with all the work you and your family do. And all the animals!! I so wish I could keep some chickens - just 4 to 6 - so we could have fresh eggs. And I truly miss having a real garden!! We have a few zucchini and tomato plants that produce quite well, but I used to have a large garden with many different veggies and herbs. Back when I lived in Montana and we had a real Spring to look forward to each year!!
Alas - I ramble!!! I'll check back soon! Enjoy your Spring!!

Pattycakes said...

I love the book Olivia made. Carson and Jared (with help from me) made similiar ones when they were small. We still have them.
Looks like you got lots of work done...and the weather was nasty! And I love tulips too!

Corey~living and loving said...

you are indeed a busy busy family. :) love teh scrapbook. too cute. what a fun project you did together. :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Busy beavers at your house....

Becky said...

Sheep,chickens, a goose, cute kids with birthday cakes...I'm loving your busy full happy family!

Rayne said...

Fantastic photos. I loved looking at all of them. They were the perfect distraction that I needed for tonight.
Thank you for taking the time to put them all up and share them.

Janie said...

What a great catch-up post on all that's been going on at your house. Glad you had a fine mother's day in spite of weather. The warmth is in the heart.