The White House

The White House

Thursday, April 9, 2009

~Update~

~Update~

The clinic called back. A radiologist looked at the film and said the foot is broken. He's getting a little coloring and more swelling. Today we went to an orthopedic surgeon. He was a big ole Texan that called me Little Lady. Loved him instantly! He said the foot is cracked.


He gave Nick this pretty little shoe and told him to wear it for four weeks. If he takes it off early before the foot is done healing he runs the risk of breaking that bone off and snapping the tendon attached to his ankle. Then he'd have surgery, a screw and many months of down time. This special little shoe keeps his foot from flexing. As soon as he is out-of-pain he can walk without the crutches which should be in 3-7 days.

This takes him officially off the track team. I am so bummed. I was really looking forward to watching him play a new sport. Now I get to spend my spring convincing a stubborn, over-active teenager to keep this ugly shoe on his foot at all times. This isn't going to be fun for any of us.

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I'm sorry for him (and you)missing track season. But he'd best play by the rules or he'll be missing a lot more! It's going to be a long 4 or more weeks!! Maybe he can help you with those petunias!!!

Snowbird said...

Awww, so sorry. Back in the day I had teenagers on crutches numerous times. Not fun! Just one more thing, huh?

anymommy said...

Ouch. I hope he's not in pain any more and I'm really sorry about the track team. That is so disappointing.

Manz said...

Painful!
Good lucky getting him to wear that shoe at all times.

Hope he recovers fast.