The White House

The White House

Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Meme's with Some Sun!

Failing at the Trifecta (I don't have enough brain power to work taste into my post). Tink managed to do it though. She's on a roll! Sally has all things blue and Drowsy Monkey is bathed in yellow. Go take a look!




You'll find lots of yellow and blue throughout my post. Right off the bat Olivia has her bright yellow Easter pail ready to fill with sand and Lucas is wearing his blue gloves to keep his fingers warm. Elijah's new shirt is a rainbow of colors!
Being a family of little patience means we are out chipping away the ice to get some dry pavement for biking.

When that proved to be too much work we broke out the weed burner. I'm seriously contemplating doing the entire yard. I'm so over the snow.

Mud, sand, water....all magnets for little children. *sigh*

Roscoe getting himself some love.


Emily is a great Helper....

....and Entertainer of Dogs.

Finally, pavement to ride on!

Waving hello to Daddy. This morning begins day 12 of him being gone. :( We all miss him so much. Yes, Lucas has on shorts and Olivia a dress. People it was 55 degrees out! Never mind the massive amounts of snow on the ground, this is shorts weather!

15 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Shorts weather at 55ยบ and snow on the ground? You are definitely Alaska oriented! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Tess said...

What a lovely children! lots of snow but some of them are just wearing short sleeves and your girl is just wearing a dress. Its always nice when our children help around the house. You are so blessed to have a lovely family.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Gayle,
I am the post right above you on Mr. Linky for Blue Monday. I thought I would start from the bottom, and work my way up since I posted late. I love seeing your sweet family. (I am sure they are sweet all the time!) I was born in Anchorage, but raised in Colorado and have 6 sibs, so I can relate! Have a good week. ~Cathy~

Lori Skoog said...

Whooo Hooooo! I'm impressed with that 55 degrees! It's only in the high 40s here today.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

everyone is very busy working and then time for fun. thats one big dog hug.

Valerie said...

We are having the coldest spring here in Kansas and 55 degree sounds delightful! I'm sure it WAS delightful in Alaska!

Blessings to you from the Heartland,
Valerie

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

WOW!! I've been living in AZ for too long now! There was a time when 55 degrees would be shorts weather for me. But when you acclimate to the 100+ temp we get for about 6 mos of the year, your blood thins out!! Enjoy your spring thaw. May you find grass soon!!

MYM said...

Oh you all look like you're having so much fun! :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You look like you're having a lot of fun. Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

shoveling snow is only fun when you think that it's last. :)
MellowYellow

Tara said...

woohoo for warmer weather! I've become a huge wuss since moving here and just looking at your snow makes me shiver! I remember the days when 45 was shorts weather, but now I wear a sweater in 65! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

Carletta said...

Ok, 55 degrees makes sense of no coats - I missed that somewhere!
Lovely smiles among the blue and yellow.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!! I had to LOL at the weed burner. I could just picture you slowly going over the entire yard...heh. Hope you guys had a Happy Easter! Hugs from South Carolina! :)

Tink *~*~* said...

Wow, you have meltage! I don't care if you had to hire a flame thrower, it's meltage ! :D

Tink *~*~*

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm laughting about your shorts whether. I has to be at least 70 here before I even think of shorts. LOL I'm always cold.