The White House

The White House

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Around the Farm

Life on the (I-Wannabe-A) Farm
A little swing time.


Hello Roscoe.

Happy to see me Miss Daisy?


Well, hello there Gertrude.

Mom and Lucas off to get the paper. (Objects appear larger than they really are. Okay, not really, but I would feel better if that were true!)

Oh, my driveway has become such a mess.

It's too high...

...and too slippery to climb.

Mama helped me out!

So much snow.
Hello friend.

See you later...

Hard to imagine I am going to plant flowers and the kids are going to swim right there.

Look what's growing!

Planted last night and this morning:
42 egg plant
222 broccoli (give or take a few seeds)
20 California Wonder Peppers
2 flats of Royal Carpet Alyssum
The whole egg plant deal is kind of funny. While shopping for seeds Nick thought I should grow egg plant because he wanted to try it. My mother grew egg plant in her greenhouse. I never tried it then and I'm pretty sure I won't try it now, but I'll grow it for fun! Obviously, I do not need 42 plants so I'll give a bunch away (if I don't kill them first!). It's all a crap shoot, you know.

10 comments:

B said...

You got quite the petting zoo. Lucas is way adorable!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Eggplants isn't that bad. Did you get the standard variety or the Japanese, which is smaller and great in stir fry? The standard is great in Mousaka (a layered Italian dish).

Your place looks wonderful! I miss the mountains now, living down here in the desert. Can't say that I miss all that snow!!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Fried eggplant is excellent and then you can make eggplant parmesean. Yummy!

Tara said...

awwww, how wonderful! Lucas is entirely TOO CUTE!

Egghead said...

I am loving all the photos. All that snow....time for spring now, don't you think? Your seedlings are so cute. Can't wait to see how they do after transplanting.

Anonymous said...

Living in sunny, drought ridden South Carolina makes all that snow look wonderfully appealing! My kids would have a field day sledding and building snowmen! I can only sit here and imagine if we received one snow of that magnitude. EVERYTHING would close down. There would be no power, no satellite, no phone, no anything. It would be as if the world just stopped turning. Enjoy it while it's there. I can't wait to see your gardens! And my daughters and I just adore looking at your animals and your beautiful kids! Thanks for the trip to another land today!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love eggplant and they usually grow easily.

Corey~living and loving said...

love the pictures. the trip to the mailbox was fun to see. :) too cute. Baby boy has the cutest smile. ♥

oh and I continue to be amazed at the amount of stuff you plant. I can't wait to see it all! :)

Tootie said...

Awe, what a sweet faces! I mean Lucas and Olivia, not Roscoe, Daisy or Gertrude! :-))Although, their kinda cute too.

Carla said...

Great winter farm tour, love your little helper:)