The White House

The White House

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen things happening around here during Spring Break. For more TT go here!


1. A rousing game of hide-and-seek.

Lucas hides his eyes....

Olivia hides....

and Lucas is excited and surprised to find her hiding just a few feet away! I wish I still had the Peter Pan imagination of a child.

2. Lots of snowboarding....maybe.
The boys went to Birch yesterday, but Nick was King of the Crash and had to come home early. He's hoping to Shred the Moose later this week, but pain will be the gauge.

3. Special time with Emily.
Emily has been at her dad's house 28 of the last 34 days and I have missed her so much. We went to lunch together to kick of lots of special time together.
4. Planting seeds with Emily & Olivia.
It's that time of year...actually I'm two weeks behind already! We'll be setting up shelving, lights and thawing the dirt pile. I've got to get things growing.


5. Work on Olivia's blanket.
Remember the hat craze that lasted a few days? Well, now I've moved on to making Olivia a blanket. This is one of four panels in progress.


6. Finishing a project.

I gave a hint awhile back and I am almost done with this sewing project. When I am I'll share more.

7. Sewing skirts for myself.


8. Dog coats
Emily and I will be sewing custom fit doggie coats this week.

9. Sewing dresses for Olivia.


10. Starting one of my pay-it-forward projects.



11. Take the kids to see the Ice Sculptures.
12. Rearrange Emily and Lucas' sleeping arrangements.
Emily and I are going to decorate her temporary space so it is a bit more comfortable!
13. Place my chicken order.
It's time to pick out my bantam and layers, and make a space for their arrival.
Busy is good! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't had spring break yet. When we do I hope to get a lot of sewing done.

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

If I had a dollar for every sewing project I started, and didn't finish I'd be rich!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

get cracking...

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

We are on Spring Break next week, starting tomorrow with an early release day..... My folks are coming this year to escape a wicked Montana winter. So, for my DD it's all about Gma & Gpa this year!! The highlight for me will be a Chihuly glass installment at the Desert Botanical Garden next week...

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Gayle: I am so impressed with all your projects. I love all the sewing and knitting you do. How do you ever find the time? You are inspiring!

Anonymous said...

You so sound like a very busy person. I really liked the seed packs and that brought back a lot of memories.

I wonder how you, a very busy person, will get along with retirement.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a productive week. Kudos to you for getting so much done. Happy TT.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh girl. you never cease to amaze me with your energy and many many plans. I feel so lazy compared to you.

go girl!