The White House

The White House

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Aching Back

I found this photo from last month. We just picked the boys up from snowboarding and they were watching a movie on the drive home.

Now for my aching back....see that mound. There's a dump truck load of topsoil under all that snow.

It was such a beautiful day....


...I started to shovel.

I had helpers.

More help.

Even more help.



Two hours later...yes, two hours!...I uncovered the dirt.


My honey set up a sheet of plywood, a tarp and the space heater.

Then he and the Wee People built a fire because it's one of mom's favorite things.

I love sitting by a campfire.

It's another helper.

I sat by the fire and watched the sun go down.

Later, I went out and scraped off the top layer. Now I can plant my seeds!

Aren't they cute?


5 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

first off....YES they are VERY cute. I love the second to last shot. darling smile, and twinkly eyes.

Secondly, I LOVE campfires too. :) I am a bit of a pyro...shhhhhhh

and lastly, wow...what a ton of work to get to your dirt. eeekkkkk

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

What was a LOT of work to get to the topsoil! Here's to LOTS of little sprouts happenin' soon!!

And speaking of sprouts - yes, they are adorable!!

Karyn said...

You have beautiful children!

What a lot of work to be able to plant some seeds! I'm impressed. Hope you have good results

Janie said...

What great helpers!
(But I can definitely see why your back hurt.)

anymommy said...

They are absolutely precious - LOVE the car shot.

Now, OMILORD. How do you do it? How do you survive? The snow. The shoveling. The Herculean effort. I'm going to lie down.