The White House

The White House

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Click the photo for more Daybook entries...
For today...


Outside my window...the air is calm and crisp, the trees are exceptionally frosty in the cold air. The wind has swept the snow smooth waiting for little footprints.


I am thinking...when we bought our home we made the livingroom a bedroom, the dining room the livingroom and I haven't had a kitchen table since. After so many years I find it increasing difficult to be patient, and our make-shift camping style of living has become beyond annoying. I am frustrated. I have so much to be thankful for. I'm thinking I sound like a spoiled child. I don't like the way I sound. But I can't help it.


From the learning rooms...Olivia is playing Clifford on the computer.


I am thankful for...the time Emily and I had together at the fabric store yesterday.


From the kitchen...soup and fruit for lunch. Baking pumpkin bread for after school snack.


I am wearing...my new pajamas. I'm a wear-pajamas-all-day kind of gal.


I am reading...old scrapbook magazines for ideas.


I am hoping...the boiler downstairs is running soon and we can have some real progress on the house.


I am creating...a Halloween costume for Emily. I couldn't think of a better way to send myself into panic mode than starting a costume this morning for Wednesday's party. What am I thinking?!


I am hearing...the Wee People in my bedroom closet where they most definitely should not be.


Around the house...there is a constant state of chaos. Without enough bedrooms or storage or a kitchen table it just never seems to be clean.

One of my favorite things...is my morning hugs from Lucas. I wish I had one of those right now to make me feel better about cutting out fabric on my hands and knees on the livingroom floor as he threatens to dump his soup on it. I'd like to scream "time out" and have that hug, but he likes to save them for mornings. I've had mine for the day.


A few plans for the rest of the week...wrestling meets Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. School conferences Friday. Avoiding the outdoors as much as possible....I'm not fond of the cold.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


I am so proud of Elijah and the rest of his Randy Smith 7th Grade basketball team this season. They went undefeated and won the Conference Championship. It's been on my mind because I didn't blog about it, and felt like I was cheating him of his glory! :) That's two championships in the month of October...football then basketball. Woohoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fabric store sounds like it's something up my alley :) I've missed being able to shop for quite some time now.

I do hope that you will get a dining room table. I can imagine the frustration but your attitude is a blessing.

~Mrs.Cuddles

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

This is a great post. I have seen this meme before on another blog and think it looks fun. One day I'm going to have to remember to play it, haha.


Alice at I Was Born2Cree8

Renee said...

Congrats to Elijah - great picture. Wonderful post. Hope you have a great week.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Pamela said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a bit slow getting through the Simple Woman list this week but I wanted to respond to those who left me comments at least! Your children are beautiful and I enjoyed reading your Daybook and the posts since then. The pictures of the base are neat - I'm assuming you are a military family (as we are). Your dining/living/bedroom situation sounds challenging.

Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gayle. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Elijah's team looks so happy... you must be proud. Congrats to him! What would we moms do without the kids' sports to keep us busy???

Kristyn Hall said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed your daybook... your house sounds like ours with shifting rooms around. My mother says every time she comes over it's a different house. I never ask if that's a compliment or an accusation! :)
Have a great rest of the week.
Kristyn