The White House

The White House

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It Would Be Funny If I Hadn't Hurt Myself

(scroll down for Wordless Wednesday)


I've been sitting at my computer for the most part of this morning watching the world go by. Specifically, watching trucks and cars of various sizes and abilities trying to get going on the icy incline outside my window. Even more interesting is watching these same vehicles try to stop coming down the "hill". It takes several days before the "it's really winter and I need to slow down" mentality kicks in. Until then there will be a lot of people in the ditch. Normally, I would find it a bit amusing watching these people slip and slide (I know that sounds mean, but geez, just slow down!), but not today. Today, I hurt myself. I'd like to say I hurt my pride more, but actually, I hurt my body more. You see, I slipped in the snow, fell and slid down a hill taking the dogs out to pee. It hurt. I cried. Then I cried even harder because I was mad. After 40 years of living 8 months of the year in snow and ice I've had it. I am sick of slipping. Sick of falling. Sick of being cold. Sick of shovelling. Sick of extreme cold. Sick of it ALL! And now I have stabbing pain in my lower back, between my shoulder blades, in the side of my neck, and shooting pain down my left arm to remind me just how sick of it I am.
Help me forget the snow....tell me what you are sick of?

7 comments:

stace41971 said...

Ouch :-(
I've been there too...Something about taking dogs out when it's icy..I swear I think they like to see us fall.
I'm tired of kids that have no manners and can't get along with each other...I've taken 4 tylenol already and my head is still throbbing..I need a vacation.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I'm sick of people who take take take and give nothing. and you can't take a tylenol for that.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

OMG sorry of course I hope you feel better soon . I know what it feels like to have a back ache.

Tink *~*~* said...

Sounds like you are just sick and tired. You need a vacation!

hugs, but only virtual ones cause I think real ones would hurt -

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Snowbird said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't say that I'm really sick of anything. But, I do understand being sick and tired of snow and ice. I did that for over 60 years. Not anymore!

Rachel said...

Awe - hope you are feeling better soon - sore and achy is no fun at all!

I'm sick of being grumpy - but I guess that's my own fault :)

Unknown said...

I hate to rub it in,but I'm sick of the heat and humidity here in Florida.I am more than ready for some cooler weather and lower humidity.See?None of us are ever really happy.