The White House

The White House

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Garden of Weedin'

Sunday was spent on the garden. I watered, weeded and watered again. That was the end of Sunday. Never did I dream this would be so time consuming!

This bed holds cauliflower. The flowers on the left are blooming, but the rest just won't grow for some reason.

Again, half the bed doing great, the other half won't grow.
I hate this bed. Never finished it. The good thing is this is only my second year, and I have a lot of good ideas for next year. I'm sure it will get better with time.

Bush beans and pumpkins.
Cauliflower and stocks that won't grow?!
The most beautiful smelling roses!
Lilac bush.
Broccoli.
The two rows down the middle are sunflowers. Doubt we'll see any of those either!
The little green sprouts are cilantro and they aren't growing either! Arrg!
Lettuce and radishes growing like crazy.
A few onions.
Carrots!
Another lilac bush.
Peas.
My so totally pathetic strawberries. Next year I am making this bed into something else! Too late in the season to worry about it now.
Again, some little ones on the end that just won't take off.




The upper and lower swimming pools. Finally full after 30,000 gallons!

1 comment:

Tink *~*~* said...

You know, girlfriend, you gotta learn to cut yourself some slack. Look at all the work you did to make things grow! I used to garden, so I do KNOW what it takes to work on even ONE of those beds. You should be proud!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*