The White House

The White House

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY
October 17, 2008

*I started this at 5:30pm*

Outside my window...it is pitch black and 15 above. The sun set at 3:37. Too soon.

I am thinking...how busy I have been and that I've way missed blogging entirely too much this past week. I wonder what Lori and Tink and the Snowbirds and Tootie and Chris & Jon and ....and...and...all of YOU have been up to!!

I am thankful for...the progress we are making downstairs. It actually looks different! I promise to post photos when I'm not so embarrassed!

From the kitchen...I smell sauteed onions and mushroom, grilled steak and fries.
My husband is so wonderful to come home after working all day and cook.
He knows how much I don't like to cook.

I am wearing...pajama pants and t-shirt. Isn't that how it always is?


*now it is 11:30pm*

I am creating...so many things I am overwhelmed! I do this website for my sons' high school, I take photos for this website and this one, too. Well, I also help with the main page and about page of this site, and I helped a friend put a photo on this site the other day. I am working for this very cool Alaskan craft page, but have fallen behind and it weighs heavy on my shoulders. I also want to start another page for wrestling. The website stuff pales in comparison to the scrapbook pages I am and want to create. I am also "creating" a home, but finishing our remodeling seems impossible (it has become a daunting task!). Oh, ya...and I am creating a program for a 13 school, 170 wrestler...wrestling match our school is hosting this weekend. And I need some parents to sign up to work the gate (that I am in charge of!).
Wanna come and help?

I am going...to bed. I started this at 5:30pm and it is now 11:30pm.
Where did I lose six hours?!

I am reading...the newspaper. No time for anything else (and barely time for that!).

I am hoping...we are moved downstairs by Christmas, but that is very unrealistic considering the number of children we have and the things we do and the hours my husband works.
But we will try.

I am hearing...well, when I started this I was hearing the sound of my babies racing through the house and my 9-year old daughter chasing them. Now I am hearing my husband and older son watching Speed Racer (Yes, Nick should be in bed).

Around the house...it is train-wreck and I have a lot to do, but I did do seven loads of laundry today! :) Tomorrow, I am supposed to buy new cellphones...and I should clean...and I should get ready to paint downstairs, but.....

One of my favorite things...is accomplishing a task I set out to do. It is nice to mark something off the list (although four things are added in the process!).

A few plans for the rest of the week... Hopefully, I'll pick up the cellphones and sign new contracts, complete the wrestling program, photograph two hockey games (possibly more -up to five- if I can squeeze them into the wrestling weekend), attempt to watch Elijah play in a basketball tournament Fri-Sun while working at/watching Cody's wrestling meet Fri-Sat, fit Emily and the babies into my life and entertain Nick. Oh...and don't I have a few animals, too! :)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I actually stopped all the millions of things I am doing for two minutes this week and stalked the moon just for Tink! I hope things slow down soon and I can do some more moon stalking! :

Have a great week everyone. I'll visit when I can.

6 comments:

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Beautiful picture!! Thanks for the peek into your daybook. :)

Snowbird said...

Ugh, sunset mid afternoon! I don't think I could handle that. I hated being in Ohio in the winter when it was cloudy and gray most of the time but at least it didn't get dark until around 5:30. That's why I am now in SUNNY Florida.

Anonymous said...

The stalking you did for Tink was well worth it!

I agree with Snowbird, you are dealing with conditions that would be hard for anyone. I dread the 6 dreary months of Michigan winter, but at least here we can pretend that the sun hasn't set before 5:00 or 5:30!

Paula said...

Hi..thanks for visitng my blog.Your picture is awesome and just reading about your day wears me out LOL

Corey~living and loving said...

lovely moon shot. :)

Thanks for the great comment at my blog. :) I did shoot the spiders with the 100mm macro lens.

keep snapping, practice is how I have improved. :)

Tink *~*~* said...

I'm sorry I missed the stalking! But in my defense, I work for a bank, and I guess you can imagine how THAT's going these days.... I have to tell you though, my friend - IT'S NOVEMBER, not October. Which just shows to go ya, you're a little busy-crazed, too!

;)

Tink *~*~*